[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Case Brief:
Understanding what will engage users and bring them back as repeat customers, and identifying the elements that might discourage them from taking an action, can be challenging. UX testing is an important line item for every product development cycle.
With the advent of the ‘cashless economy’ most people rely on wallets like PayTM, FreeCharge, Mobikwik to make a number of payments online. We compared the user experience of two digital payment apps – PayTM and Freecharge[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Subject:
No. of test Users
- We conducted a feature test with OTP auto-read, to see if it changes the way a user interacts with the app and measure his appreciation levels for both the UX flows.
- Freecharge automatically reads the OTP sent by the bank on your phone while Paytm doesn’t.
What did we Learn?
- Average TIME TAKEN to complete a Paytm transaction is 58 seconds, while it takes Freecharge just 38 seconds
- OTP Generation at the 24th sec for Freecharge, keeps the user MENTAL EFFORT neutral as compared to PayTM where the mental effort spikes at the 25th second
- Freecharge scored a higher overall APPRECIATION SCORE for the test user group compared to that of PayTM
- Freecharge also scores low for COGNITIVE LOAD & MOTOR LOAD
How did we analyse this?
The test was conducted on a group of 10 males & females, aged between 18-25 years, using the Affect Lab EEG headsets.
Using the AffectLab headsets, we monitored each user individually. The Brainwave mapping data was recorded along with the screengrab of the entire user navigation. The Affect Lab dashboard synced and analysed both the data sets automatically to decode them into actionable insights.
How Can You Use This?
Affect Lab insights can be used by both brands to:
- Decrease cognitive load
- Improve the user experience
The scores can help quantify the mental and motor load of any UX. This data can be used to make sense of how a user interacts with the app, to improve their experience further.
To know more about how Affect Lab analysed the user experience of the two payment apps, download our case study today. Leave your email in the comments section below or shoot a mail to us on email@example.com[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]